Being aware of where to turn with regard to the current, most reliable info on COVID-19, particularly as it pertains to the elderly and those who provide care for them, is essential – and can be confusing. Because of so many sources and differing opinions on this important topic, we want to help make it easy to locate what you need by putting together the subsequent list of reliable resources.
- NAHC COVID-19 Senior Care Resources: The National Association for Home Care & Hospice advocates for the scores of older adults who receive in-home care, and for those who provide that care. Their COVID-19 reference page shares articles, webinars, interactive tools, and more.
- COVID-19 Guidance for Seniors: The CDC’s COVID-19 Guidance for Older Adults web page features a wealth of information, such as assistance with establishing who is at higher risk, symptoms, information on how to take care of yourself, a checklist for your house, stress and anxiety coping information, plus much more.
- Coronavirus: What Older Adults and People With Disabilities Should Know: ACL offers details on what the elderly and those with disabilities must know to reduce the risk of contracting and spreading the disease, along with warning signs and symptoms, state-by-state guidelines, and a thorough directory of federal and non-federal resources.
- AARP Answers Common Questions About COVID-19: AARP keeps an ongoing bulleted list of all of the most recent information pertaining to COVID-19, as well as what the elderly can do to lessen their likelihood of contracting it and answers to a number of common questions.
- Caregiver-Specific Resources/Articles on COVID-19 Safety: The Family Caregiver Alliance publishes caregiver-specific resources and information to help family caregivers enhance elderly health.
- Comprehensive Commonly Asked Questions List on Family Caregiver COVID-19 Issues: DailyCaring, an award-winning website specializing in caregivers, created a commonly asked questions page to supply answers such as safeguards to take when visiting an elderly adult’s house, the best way to sanitize packages, proper handwashing techniques, and much more.
For many more resources to help prevent the spread of COVID-19, and for safe, dependable, in-home care to enhance elderly health, call on CareWorks Health Services, the top-rated home health care Mission Viejo, CA and the surrounding area. Adhering to a rigid protocol to ensure the safety of older adults we serve, we are able to help with a wide array of services, which include:
- Grocery shopping and running other errands, to enable seniors to stay safe in the home
- Planning and preparing delicious meals
- Companionship to relieve isolation and stress through conversations, movies, hobbies/interests, games, puzzles, and a lot more
- Keeping the home thoroughly clean and sanitized
- Medication reminders
- Specialized care for people with dementia
- And many more
Contact CareWorks Health Services, experts in home health care in Mission Viejo, CA and surrounding areas, at (949) 859-4700 for an assessment within the safety and comfort of home, to find out exactly how we can assist your senior loved ones with our top-rated home health care in Mission Viejo, CA and the surrounding area.