Looking at the past several months, family caregivers have had to face seemingly insurmountable challenges connected with the care of the older adults they love. With COVID-19’s specific dangers to senior citizens and those with underlying health concerns, such as COPD, diabetes, and heart problems, as well as others that are common in older adults, families have struggled with how to best protect and keep seniors safe.
To that end, some families made the very difficult decision to temporarily stop home health care services in order to prevent having anyone outside of the family come into the home – meaning they were suddenly responsible for full-time senior care. Without a care partner, this alone can be unbelievably stressful, but add to that the various other new responsibilities and concerns caused by the pandemic, such as shifting to working virtually, caring for children who could no longer attend school or daycare, and a lot more.
To say it is been a stressful time is an understatement; however now, with numerous new safety protocols set up, will it be safe to once again bring in a professional home care provider to help?
CareWorks Health Services, leaders of home care in Mission Viejo, CA and the surrounding areas, has continued to provide safe, professional home care services for older adults throughout the pandemic, in accordance with all recommended guidelines. When you are prepared to look into home care options, keep the following tips in mind:
- Work with a professional home care company, like CareWorks Health Services, that has a well thought out COVID-19 plan in place – and ask for information about that plan.
- Plan to be present once the caregiver arrives the first time to relieve any concerns you may have, such as making certain he/she is wearing a face covering, sanitizing surfaces, washing hands often, etc.
- Talk with the senior’s doctor about any concerning health problems and to get tips for any extra safety precautions that ought to be taken during caregiving visits.
The care professionals at CareWorks Health Services are always here to answer any questions you might have and to share information about the steps we are taking to protect the seniors in our care, such as:
- Wearing face coverings along with other personal protective equipment as appropriate
- Properly sanitizing and disinfecting any items brought inside the older adults’ homes
- Making certain all care staff are healthy through routine temperature checks and wellness assessments
- Practicing safe social distancing protocol
- And more
We here at CareWorks Health Services offer reliable home care that helps keep seniors safe! Give us a call at (949) 859-4700 any time for additional details on the countless advantages of professional home care in Mission Viejo and how we are able to assist a senior you love live life to the fullest – comfortably and safely within the familiarity of home.